Current news thread

Cael uses elons free speech platform even tho he fired all his friends

it's a free market blessing :sunny:

I have no problem with the protesting or the protesters being arrested.

I have a problem with protesters being labeled antisemitic for protesting the government of Israel’s actions.

I also have a problem with labeling it “Jews vs humanity”, which is just as ignorant.

It’s a government that is conducting itself in an inhumane way imo.

I have no problem with the protesting or the protesters being arrested.

I have a problem with protesters being labeled antisemitic for protesting the government of Israel’s actions.

I also have a problem with labeling it “Jews vs humanity”, which is just as ignorant.

It’s a government that is conducting itself in an inhumane way imo.
This.
We have laws for protesting and all that, but I dont think protests should necessarily follow all laws. Protests shouldn't only be allowed in a certain area, at a certain time, and only through approved means of broadcast and only certain people can protest or be protested. Fuck that. People can dismiss "nice" protests like that very easily. Get loud, get big and everyone is fair game if they are fucking up. Im all for those kinds of protests. Just know that you are in fact breaking the law so the juice better be worth the squeeze when you protest.

My problem starts when things start getting burned and looted. Thats where you're past protesting and firmly in the territory of opportunistic terrorist and the full force of the law should come down hard, fast and equal. If someone is protesting the rape of nurses and starts burning and looting during their protests, their asses get thrown in jail just like nambla protesters that decided to torch a Kids-R-Us during their protest.

Yeah but these people aren't being kicked out of their schools because of tents. They are being kicked out because they are supporting Hamas and protesting Jews. BLM protests were flat out looting riots that did damage. I haven't seen any damage being done on college campuses yet. Or has there been burning/looting like the BLM riots? And you're talking about 2 different dynamics. There is a difference between asking for forgiveness for actions against the nation and its laws/beliefs and a college.
Sorry Juggs, I gotta disagree with you. My points before are purely about the crazy position these students take about wanting to protest and advocate for Palestine (which is fine...protest is protected speech) but not be held accountable for doing it illegally. I am sure that you typed this, and then saw the news about buildings being seized. Students who break the college rules should be disciplined, not forgiven. Not all BLM protests were riots, but many broke the law. People protesting on an interstate highway and blocking traffic was peaceful but illegal.

You think the students are getting disciplined because of the topic of protest, when I say if they are breaking rules/laws, they should be disciplined. Period. A person protesting climate change damages property - do we say "but its for a good cause, so they don't need to pay restitution"? Hell no - they pay for it.

You say there is a difference between asking for forgiveness for actions against the nation and its laws/beliefs and asking the same thing from a college. What is that difference?

You think the students are getting disciplined because of the topic of protest, when I say if they are breaking rules/laws, they should be disciplined. Period. A person protesting climate change damages property - do we say "but its for a good cause, so they don't need to pay restitution"? Hell no - they pay for it.
Its not that I think they are being disciplined because of the topic, they ARE being disciplined because of the topic. They are being instantly labeled as anti-Semitic because they dare be outraged that Israel has been living with its boot on the neck of Palestinians for about 7 decades. Schools are having funding cut if THESE protests aren't being stopped. Not every other protest that happens, only the protests about israel.

"

Mike Johnson to announce ‘crackdown’ on antisemitism at universities as protests intensify – live""​

Notice he's not announcing a crackdown on camping at universities

"POLITICS

Biden condemns "antisemitic protests" and "those who don't understand what's going on with the Palestinians""​

He's not condemning camping on campuses.

Jews that have their kids at college have money, money buys power and the jews specialize in knowing how to work that angle in politics

blocking traffic isn't peaceful, it's antagonistic

jfc somebody call validuz in here b/c we got some heavy duty retards who need 2b called retarded

Given Columbia costs $90k a year those students have spent about $5k each so far to live in tents and accomplish nothing.

This is about as much about Free Palestine as BLM was about Black Lives. No, this is about Death to the American Nation.
When did the BLM riots start? oh ya,,, about this time 4 years ago. Who funded those riots? The same people funding these riots.
Mao rose by first taking over the schools.

All this to-do about what's to be if a building is broken into, if tents should be removed, it's such low level garbage.

uo0DGdX_d.webp

The real conversation is about how the left is just going to be openly anti-semitic, at least much of the voting population. I think jews will try to influence the right wing like the good ol days, but who knows how successful they will be. I'm not seeing much positive response from the common man about Republicans going crazy trying to defend Israel. I think these events are really going to change American culture for the better. If these immigrants are going to be here, I want them rejecting the media and naming the jew.

I don't think these riots are funded. No phone numbers written on their arms that call Jewish lawyers, no mass produced signage. These people just showed up.

The left trained this whole population to have an emotional meltdown over oppression, and they got it. I think the funding will dry up fast, but these people are already organized, and are riot-vetertins at this point, already networked on encrypted messaging with local organization. The money will leave, but the will, knowledge, and some organization is still there and that's what we are seeing with these occupations.

Its the first big truly organic left wing movement since Occupy Wall Street. That was scary for jews, so they created woke right after. Every left wing movment since excpet for this was all jew approved and funded.

As far as Mike Johnson and his UniParty? If he really had Trump's back, he'd be in NY every day standing behind Trump and telling the ByeDone regime to preserve their records and start subpoenas flowing. But no, we've got all this diversion they can throw noise to.

Not funded??? jfc Regg,,, ya, they all just happen to have the same type of REI tents.
I'd really like to see what the percentage of real students are part of these protests,
and then I'd like to see how many of these protesters are even US citizens.

Back