С праздником мая!

in america we celebrate labor day b/c it was invented by capitalists (like everything apart from degeneracy and theft tbch)

"may day" is just a manifestation of commies celebrating that they are incapable of anything but theft; even the workers' holiday is a product of american capitalism

TulipTimePella2023_1-jpg.webp

There are few springtime events that I love more than Tulip Time in Pella, Iowa. In my opinion, there’s truly no better way to welcome warmer weather back to the Midwest than with thousands of colorful blooms.

Each year during the first weekend in May, Pella welcomes thousands of visitors looking for colorful tulips, Dutch attire, live music, traditional dancing and delicious food. This year, Tulip Time in Pella, Iowa will be May 2 – 4, 2024. This annual festival celebrates the southern Iowa community’s Dutch heritage and the vibrant beauty of springtime.

I’ve celebrated Christmastime in Pella, but there’s lots to see and do during Tulip Time as well. This annual event offers a unique and unforgettable experience for anyone who loves history, culture and nature.

If Tulip Time in Pella, Iowa is on your bucket list, keep reading for everything you need to know about attending this annual event, from local history and traditions to insider tips and must-see attractions.

WHEN IS PELLA’S TULIP TIME?​

Pella’s Tulip Time is always held on the first Thursday, Friday and Saturday in May. This year, Tulip Time will be May 2 – 4, 2024.

HOW LONG DO THE TULIPS BLOOM IN PELLA?​

Pella’s tulips are intentionally planted so that they look their best during Tulip Time each year. That said, spring weather in the Midwest can sometimes be a wild card so it’s important to keep an eye on the weather. Typically, it’s pretty safe to say you can see tulips blooming in Pella starting the week before Tulip Time and lingering for a week or two after.

HOW MANY TULIPS ARE PLANTED FOR PELLA’S TULIP TIME?​

This year, more than 300,000 tulip bulbs will bloom in Pella, Iowa.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND PELLA’S TULIP TIME?​

There are no tickets required for Tulip Time and many of the activities associated with the festival are free. Parking is also free around Pella’s downtown. However, a number of the location museums and attractions like the Vermeer Mill do charge admission.

WHERE CAN YOU SEE TULIPS IN PELLA, IOWA?​

There is no shortage of places to find tulips in Pella! As you drive into town from the interstate, the town’s streets are lined with blooming bulbs. You’ll also find large plantings at both Tulip Avenue in Central Park and Sunken Gardens Park. Scholte House Gardens, Fair Haven Memorial Garden and the Central College campus will also be covered in tulips this time of year.

The work of the sun is slow,
But as sure as heaven, we know;
So we'll not forget,
When the skies are wet,
There's green grass under the snow.

When the winds of winter blow,
Wailing like voices of woe,
There are April showers,
And buds and flowers,
And green grass under the snow.

We find that it's ever so
In this life's uneven flow;
We've only to wait,
In the face of fate,
For the green grass under the snow.

I just realized I could turn the emotions into rep I think. There are points awarded but I would need to negatives.

Back