Steam just hit 38mb/s download speeds

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
Thanks Fios! This is wireless, on their 280 up/down package too. Internet speed test pulls in around 280 up/down.

11GB file took less than 5 min

I got half that at best with Cox fyi.

Chewbacca

yes seriously man I've been getting over 100 megabytes per second for a few years now. get on my level scrub.

OFN. I pull twice that on my 70,000 ISDN lines.
Negative ping, bro.
Not even counting the D channels.

Cox sucks in NOVA real bad. And it's my only option. :(

i used to agree whole heartily with this. Like cox cable 2000-2015 or so was horrific. But I was on Cox (hehe) from 2018-2021 and I was pulling 150 down/30 up on my wireless. Cable had no issue either. So they really stepped up their game due to -- shock -- competition.

With Fios, the cable quality is the same, 4K streaming is the same, but download rates are ridic. faster.

Now some of you may complain that you are stuck to the Fios gateway router (g1100 black rectangle or G3300 white cylinder) and paying $15 per month rental. Not true! I paid $25 for my G1100 black rectangle router off ebay and I am still using my Linksys EA 7500 (AC1900) router just fine. This removes the $15 rental fee. A fios gateway of somesort is needed if you have fios tv, although if you have ethernet all through you house then maybe you can delete that too using MOCA adapters.

verizon, a garbage $233B company, thanks you for your money, support, and social media posts

Almost as exciting as getting a direct call on the party line...

nobody gives a fuck. You might as well be bragging about having a 2 inch cock to most of the people here..

Back