Tribes 3: Rivals play test.

I'm playing and plan to keep playing. I want to ride the dumpster fire all the way to ladder matches so I can say "I gave it every opportunity."

Last edited:
We have enough active players (AU & NZ) locally for it to continue. It's not quite dead yet. The pubs are working better again. The last week was bad. Pugs weeknights. Scrims weekend nights. I'm easing my way into it, only played one pug, but I'll get into it more. Mostly playing on pubs as I build my skills.

Oceanic Teams

1715564164299.png

1715564177904.png

It's always been a niche. In 2000-2004 at a monthly LAN with 200+ players in my city, there was mostly just me who was a tribes player. Quake, CS, Battlefield, and other games much more popular. Other games get shafted too. Like I played BF One to death, then they release BFV. It's shit.. so back to BF One like so many. But now. I give this T3 a go till it fizzes out.

Tribes is best in ladder format matches, with established teams playing against other teams. 4-6 ladders matches in, is giving every opportunity. Mucking around on pubs, pugs and scrims during development is all just early days. Game was a cheap game, it's not a AAA game so can't expect amazing outcomes. I agree I can see some cash grabbing and function reduction, but eh I'm firing mortars at same people as 25 years ago and that's fun.

Last edited:
Back