Tribes Intellectual Property

ScooBySnaCk

Tribalwar Overlord
Veteran XX
As of May 2024, Hi-Rez Studios owns the Tribes intellectual property (IP) and the Metaltech license, which includes Battledrome, Earthsiege, Starsiege, the CyberStorm series, and the Tribes series. In 2019, Hi-Rez sold the Tribes IP rights to a subsidiary, which it sold its interest in by early 2020, forming the independent studio Prophecy Games. In May 2023, Prophecy Games began alpha tests for Starsiege: Deadzone, which includes an official new entry into the Tribes series called Starsiege Tribes with a Q1 2024 release date.

It was never for sale. It was under contract the entire time.

How dare thought you could snipe it and go fucking berserker mode is beyond me

You can snipe the IP, but you have to leave out either the chain or the disc launcher in your loadout

I just had a phone convo with Stewart Chisam from Hi-Rez. He confirmed that this was the case.

As of May 2024, Hi-Rez Studios owns the Tribes intellectual property (IP) and the Metaltech license, which includes Battledrome, Earthsiege, Starsiege, the CyberStorm series, and the Tribes series. In 2019, Hi-Rez sold the Tribes IP rights to a subsidiary, which it sold its interest in by early 2020, forming the independent studio Prophecy Games. In May 2023, Prophecy Games began alpha tests for Starsiege: Deadzone, which includes an official new entry into the Tribes series called Starsiege Tribes with a Q1 2024 release date.

It was never for sale. It was under contract the entire time.

How dare thought you could snipe it and go fucking berserker mode is beyond me
Dude..its Dare. Thinking he had a coherent thought about something was your first mistake

Back