Am I crazy to get a 150 gallon aquarium?

I would be concerned that the expert you hire to build it is also the man you hire to clean it. He's incentivized to make something that may look beautiful but need constant maintenance. If you learn a bit about the different hardware/practices from reviews, tests, and youtube videos you will know a bit to give him stipulations to make sure it's low maintenance.

Make sure it's quiet. If people are over to inspect structure and you think you might get a water bed sometime while still in the home, have them check that spot too. See if there is a concern for humidity with 150 gal, depending on the room it's in. Also, most of the "furniture" that the tanks sits on top of with the equipment below is really ugly. That's the only thing that tends to look bad about a lot of tanks that gets missed.

red lobster just sold a bunch of restaurant equipment at auction including lobster tanks

missed opportunities

you could have used the booths in your bomb shelter

I've never had a fresh water tank but I've been running reef tanks for 26 years. I bet it will be awesome. Share pics when it's getting setup.

A lot of the salt water creatures you can get look great, but the environments tend to look the same. I've never really seen a salt water tank that didn't have anything other than those bright white light bulbs. With fresh water tanks they can have low lighting for a different kind of ambiance. There are also "blackwater" fresh water setups which look amazing.

asian-biotope-blackwater-aquarium.jpg

Sine he's going to design a high maintenance setup to ensure a steady income steam, consider what happens to the tank if you go on vacation? Will someone have to enter your family home when you're not there ect?

If you hire someone to put security cams inside your home to check on the tank cleaner, make sure it's not the same man who designs the tank and cleans it. Make sure it's someone different. Draw the line somewhere.

"couple of months"

so u made a DEI hiring decision

i've already told u this, but i will tell u again: enjoi burning in the hell u have created, yuppie scum

i bet u would even brag about burning in hell 2 all the homeless eskimos in nunavut, telling them how ur nice and toasty

Back