Big Green Egg

green-eggs-and-ham.jpg

Yeah, a buddy of mine has one, we cook on it all the fucking time.... BEST grill/oven/smoker on the planet.

Shit when he bought it, he had a deck built especially for it.... Sits next to his cabinet smoker, which he still uses but only for MASS quantities of smoking. He uses the giant avocado as I call it for almost everything else, and the results are fucking amazing.

I want one.... Need to have a house first though.

Last edited:
Yea, it's well known to be one of the most awesome things to cook with and better than a regular BBQ. Not cheap though. Coldshot and a few ex-coworkers of mine have one. They love it.

My Dad has one and claims its the best as well.

Seems to be a bit dependent on the weather though, at least when we have cooked thanksgiving turkeys in it.

My uncle has one. He absolutely loves it. He's even been to events where everyone there has an egg and some people cook and other people just sample the food. He made some kind of baked sausage rolls over the holidays that were filled with cheese... mmmm :drool:

It's basically an enormous cast iron dutch oven. It holds and radiates heat better than pretty much any other grill on the market. You can't go wrong with it, but it's expensive. I've had bbq and smoked meat out of a 50.00 brinkmann that tasted as good as out of a 1k+ with accessories BGE, it's just much harder to get the same results with the cheaper smoker.

Big Green Egg, World's Best Smoker and Grill

Anyone grill or smoke with this?

My buddy has one and claims it is the best thing in the world.

Guy near my town set one of these up on a curb 4-5 years ago and started cooking/selling hotdogs & sausages to make a little extra money.

He's loaded now and quit his job a few years back. He built up a huge following of customers and he credits it all to the green egg. He works 8 weeks a year and takes the rest off. He said he's probably going to retire in a few years.

It almost makes me want to rage.

yeah that things awesome. a friend even forces air in the bottom with a hair dryer to jack up the temperature.

we typically throw on about 8-10 chickies whenever we brew. few hours into the session, its go time. so delicious.

My Dad has one and claims its the best as well.

Seems to be a bit dependent on the weather though, at least when we have cooked thanksgiving turkeys in it.

Bah! We were cooking in sub-zero temperatures a couple weeks ago...

Made pizza's on the damn thing, they were awesome.

Generally regarded as one of the best smokers you can buy for sure.

I haven't been able to justify buying one yet though. :(

My uncle has one. He absolutely loves it. He's even been to events where everyone there has an egg and some people cook and other people just sample the food. He made some kind of baked sausage rolls over the holidays that were filled with cheese... mmmm :drool:

kolaches?

:king:

Back