Let's talk about the "Man or Bear?" TikTok-debate.

sehvi

Veteran XX
If you were alone in the woods, would you rather encounter a bear or a man? Answers to that hypothetical question have sparked an ongoing debate about why the vast majority say they would feel more comfortable choosing a bear. The topic has been hotly discussed for weeks, with men and women everywhere chiming in with their thoughts all over social media. Screenshot HQ, a TikTok account, started the conversation, asking half a dozen women whether they would rather run into a man they didn't know or a bear in the forest. Out of the seven women interviewed for the piece, only one picked a man. "Bear. Man is scary," one of the women responds. A number of women echoed the responses given in the original video, writing in the comments that they, too, would pick a bear over a man. The hypothetical has people split, with some expressing their sadness over the state of the world and others cracking jokes about the situation. Some men are flabbergasted.

Here's what we know. A bear is the safer choice, no doubt about it, many say.. There were a lot of responses, over 65,000 to be exact, under the original post, with many writing that they understood why the women would choose a bear. "No one’s gonna ask me if I led the bear on or give me a pamphlet on bear attack prevention tips," @celestiallystunning wrote.
@Brennduhh wrote: "When I die leave my body in the woods, the wolves will be gentler than any man." "I know a bear's intentions," another woman wrote. "I don't know a man's intentions. no matter how nice they are."

Other TikTok users took it one step farther, posing the hypothetical question to loved ones. Meredith Steele, who goes by @babiesofsteele, asked her husband last week whether he would rather have their daughter encounter a bear or a man in the woods. Her husband said he "didn't like either option," but said he was leaning toward the bear. "Maybe it's a friendly bear," he says. Diana, another TikTok user, asked her sister-in-law what she would choose and was left speechless. "I asked her the question, you know, just for giggles. She was like, 'You know, I would rather it be a bear because if the bear attacks me, and I make it out of the woods, everybody’s gonna believe me and have sympathy for me," she said. "But if a man attacks me and I make it out, I’m gonna spend my whole life trying to get people to believe me and have sympathy for me.'"

The hypothetical has caused some tension, with some women arguing that men will never truly understand what it's like to be a woman, or the inherent dangers at play.

So, what would you choose?

I'd think I'd rather my daughter meet a random man than a random bear.

Last edited:
I'll choose the man. I couldn't possibly win a fight with a bear. With a man I'd have at least a small chance if he' unarmed.

Why assume there would be a fight. I spend a ton of time in the woods alone, I’ve met countless women along the way. Say hi and move on by. None of them seemed surprised or concerned to see me.

al gore pig GIF by South Park

Like I could see the debate if it was a panda or a black bear. Still a weak one though.

Why assume there would be a fight. I spend a ton of time in the woods alone, I’ve met countless women along the way. Say hi and move on by. None of them seemed surprised or concerned to see me.
Did theythem have blue hair, a face full of piercings, and tats all over theythem?

Well, the propaganda and women's feminist movements have officially brainwashed women against men so bad that they are mostly all retarded now. gg.

I've seen a couple of these arguments across social media and there is always some silly bitch posting something like 'but we're not really trashing men' Really?

Most bears will actively avoid people. If a bear is on the path and is confronting you, you're already dead.

If you live in a society where you feel like you can't trust a stranger, or a typical stranger can't legitimately be trusted ... I think that speaks volumes about your environment and how it has sadly shaped your perspective.

If I encountered a stranger in the woods, I am inclined to assume they intend me no harm and are just out for a walk in the woods as I am. They'll regard me in the same way, because we live in a world where, 99.9% of the time, this is likely the reality and is true. That's because I have been raised with (some would say) a "delusional" faith in the humanity of the average person and experience has taught me people are inherently decent. The society I was raised up into is based on a code of morals and ethical conduct that can be relied upon. Or , at least it could with greater certainty than of lately as it would seem that some want me(us) to think that is no longer correct (and possibly never was). Which is bullshit, even now, despite everything going on. I consider this outlook emblematic of the raising effort to divide society against each other. An insidious mind virus that convinces people to mistrust and fear one another.

A bear on the other hand... I can't make such an assumption. I don't know what to expect from a bear and have to assume the worse, because if that bear decides I'm a threat or an opportunity for a free lunch. I'm fucked. I can't fight even a small bear in most situations. That bear may be harmless and just as likely to run away and have nothing to do with me than it is to attack me, but I have to assume the worse and take no chances with it because the stakes are too high.

If women think a typical man is more dangerous than a wild bear in the woods, it is first sad and second it is a problem that originates in this crusade to brand men and general manhood as "toxic" and a threat. Like we're given over to primal urges and can't help but act like degenerates and animals by default. We're not. Some men have also allowed themselves to be cowed into thinking this is natural and acceptable behavior. We often don't hold each other to the appropriate standards, nor enforce enough accountability among each other to challenge those men who fail to live up to those standards. Thus, reinforcing the argument that manhood is an inherently toxic threat to society.

Men who fail to act like men should be singled out by other men. I have been in a lot of public bathrooms filled with other men and never once have I thought, I'd rather encounter a bear than be in here. I've also never felt the need to argue that access to the women's bathroom as a right is necessary or normal. 99.9% of men in "my" society would agree and have no interest in wanting access to the woman's bathroom. The 00.01% that would are to be regarded with suspicion because they're not acting like men should. Thus they are a threat, not because men are a threat, but because they're not acting as a man should.

I have no problem with men roleplaying as women for sport or entertainment. Live and let live. It's amusing to witness. However, if you expect me to regard you with the same deference as I would an actual women? Fuck off. I have a wild bear in the woods I think you should be introduced too.

Last edited:
Back