[SO] Lost my gun virginity...

so the ability to defend yourself and your family is only for masculinity's sake?

No? I don't think I said or even suggested that anywhere though, so I'm not entirely how your logic's working in there though.

I was merely observing that it very often seems to be the people who suggest that firearms make everyone equal, are also the ones that suggest that they make everyone more 'manly'.

Guns don't make you manly but being afraid of guns definitely makes you a little fucking bitch.

Having guns and *knowing how to use them* does make you manly tho.

Guns don't make you manly but being afraid of guns definitely makes you a little fucking bitch.

Having guns and *knowing how to use them* does make you manly tho.

Again, this is an odd definition of 'manly'. Neither of those things is an inherently masculine trait. As has been repeatedly stated, having those things makes people equal - that's neither masculine nor feminine, it's just a thing.

:shrug: anyway, just a thought.

Last edited:
Again, this is an odd definition of 'manly'. Neither of those things is an inherently masculine trait. As has been repeatedly stated, having those things makes people equal - that's neither masculine nor feminine, it's just a thing.

:shrug: anyway, just a thought.
Being able to defend yourself and family is about the most masculine thing I can think of.

Being able to defend yourself and family is about the most masculine thing I can think of.

...and yet a gun (OK: and training, etc etc) will allow absolutely anyone to do that, including your hypothetical 12 year old daughter, so I'm not sure really how that counts as being an inherently 'masculine' thing?

...and yet a gun (OK: and training, etc etc) will allow absolutely anyone to do that, including your hypothetical 12 year old daughter, so I'm not sure really how that counts as being an inherently 'masculine' thing?

Amram is mac from always sunny giving people an ocular patdown and doing air karate while his country counterpart roams free and gay

Amram obsessed with his masculinity. Needs guns and trucks to feel masculine. Obviously a more effeminate Canuck version of Tehvul.

^^ this post brought 2u by a dood who brags about his sports cars and ownership of human beings as his personal laborers

^^ this post brought 2u by a dood who brags about his sports cars and ownership of human beings as his personal laborers

Not once have I ever connected either of those things to being a sign of masculinity. Amram bangs on endlessly in truck and gun threads about how you're not a real man blah blah. Dude is clearly a noodle armed twink who constantly has to be puffing his chest out.

No? I don't think I said or even suggested that anywhere though, so I'm not entirely how your logic's working in there though.

I was merely observing that it very often seems to be the people who suggest that firearms make everyone equal, are also the ones that suggest that they make everyone more 'manly'.

'manly' in that you can better defend yourself and your family.

guns don't make school girls equal to seal team 6. 'equalizer' is a reference between "opponents". a guy thats smaller and weaker is 'equal' to someone larger and stronger with a firearm.

and yeah..its manly.

Back