Anyone shoot competitively? IDPA IPSC etc

amRam

Contributor
Veteran XX
We bullshit about guns but does anyone enjoy competitive shooting? I'm IDPA but don't have time to attend very many matches, still a good time tho. Guns, man. They're fun and shit.

Who's awesome?

I haven't shot skeet in 10 years but I was terribad at it. That shit is hard.

We bullshit about guns but does anyone enjoy competitive shooting? I'm IDPA but don't have time to attend very many matches, still a good time tho. Guns, man. They're fun and shit.

Who's awesome?
You’re awesome. Nothing more enjoyable than competition regardless of the sport.

i shot at a skeet competition a few years ago, it was a Five Stand comp, where you have 5 gates to stand at, and every type of launch is around you, 4 launch at random, ground shots(rabbits), front to back, back to front, side to side, got 89 out of 100 launches, was pretty happy with that.

edit: forgot to mention, a girl won, she was fantastic (and hot), pink Ithaca over and under, she was actually in the running for olympic competition. she got 98 out of 100

I used to shoot trap with my daughter but since she joined the army my shotgun has just sat unused in my safe. I used to belong to a sportsman club and shot almost every weekend, even reloaded my own shells, but the club board of directors went Karen, requiring gun safety training for everyone before they can continue to use their ranges. I told them to go fuck themselves and quit. 20 year vet, I don’t need no stinking training.

I'm interested in Cowboy Action Shooting. They have chapters all over the world. Only single action guns. Western wear required.

My only issue with the idpa and other organizations is that the people competing go nuts with their custom high speed rigs they would never use as an every day carry. Completely abandons the idea of practicing for real world encounters. Then it’s just who paid to win the most.

Jfc I was dropping a line from pulp fiction. I love bacon and ham. When my wife makes a boiled ham dinner I’m in heaven.

My only issue with the idpa and other organizations is that the people competing go nuts with their custom high speed rigs they would never use as an every day carry. Completely abandons the idea of practicing for real world encounters. Then it’s just who paid to win the most.
Not everyone practices guns for real world encounters. Some actually enjoy the sport.

What are the odds you will need a gun in a real world encounter? Pretty fucking low.

Back