Ford GT Superbowl Commercial

Gibe said:
i honestly wonder how many replies we'll see to that idiots first remark before ppl start reading the thread, and realize everyone knows he was wrong, and is stupid.

Hehe, this happens in every thread. :)

Kid Antrim said:
GT: 0-60 3.6 seconds
F50: 0-60 3.7 seconds

GT: V8 @ 500HP, 500 lb.ft
F50: V12 @ 520HP, 347 lb.ft

GT: Roughly $150,000
F50: $500,000+

The GT takes it in my book because it's just a better deal for the same amount of automobile. The GT is capable of 200mph, as is the F50.
Ok, so the GT is likely a better drag car. That doesn't matter. For cars like this the only comparison is lap times. Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, etcs. No ovals.

I believe Bob Lutz said the next Corvette Z06 (probably will be labeled the Z07) will "blow the doors off" of the GT.

Reno said:
Ok, so the GT is likely a better drag car. That doesn't matter. For cars like this the only comparison is lap times. Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, etcs. No ovals.

I believe Bob Lutz said the next Corvette Z06 (probably will be labeled the Z07) will "blow the doors off" of the GT.

I guess for me, it's a matter of the GT being something that not everyone could own. While it's not cheap, it's still out of the price range of your average Corvette buyer. So there will be some out there, but not a shitload of them. Seems like Vette's are a dime a dozen any more, they're everywhere. Personally, I don't want to drive something that every doctor and lawyer in town has, that's sort of like owning a Harley now-a-days. Who needs to be a sheep in the flock. The GT just screams at you, and not everyone will have one. And you have to admit, it's just a fucking beatutiful automobile!!! :)

I like it because:

1) it's made in the USA

2) not every joe shmoe will have one

3) it's every bit as good as the ferarri's when you measure what you're getting for your dollar

4) it's has pretty much the same capabilities as cars made with 10 and 12 cylindars, when it has only 8.

Not that the ferarri's aren't nice, I'd just much rather have a GT than a ferarri, and definitely would rather have a GT over a vette.
:)

Back