Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who never played Tribes, who don't know how fast they are suppose to go, who don't know they should have more than 2 weapons, we need to see their reaction.

a slower, noobier tribes, is still a better choice than other modern multiplayer fps offerings IMO :shrug:

You can kill them without the gens having to be down.
Takes like.. err, 5-7 discs or so? Not exactly sure anymore.

The Got Plas vids show a game that looks interesting. There are some puzzling design decisions from a non-experience pov, but as long as the action is cohesive and fun, it won't really matter.

The pay to play model could sink it though.

Yeah, I spent a few more hours today skiing and "meh". It felt fun to "fly" and "ski" again. . . and it all went down hill from there. I'll enjoy closed beta feedback as I already prepurchased

Back in the day, before all the loadout information was released, I thought they were going to have the payment model be less intrusive and apply to smaller, more customizing-aspects of the game. Like you could pay to unlock an upgrade slot for light armor, then pay for customization "implants" to put in the slots. Like an implant might give you +10% energy and -20% health to balance it. I thought that would be a cool way to do it.

They keep mentioning LoL as their payment model, and thats what LoL does. Nobody seems to really mind it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back