I spun my car today.

Builds organically? I don't know what that means, but that curve is insane. Basically it's a boring sedan until 4k and then it's ridiculous for the street. It's weird to hear you say that it's civilized when you just wrecked it because you lost control when you got on it.

I know turbos obviously get larger, but that's clearly too large for daily driving. That's just a personal opinion though. I'd rather have more power all over.
I have a paper copy of the old 200sx Borg Warner it had, it made 400hp at the wheels with 16psi and pump gas. The curve is identical up to 4000rpm, after that the EFR eats it for breakfast and produces an extra 98hp. The boost comes on better with the EFR, it feels very comfortable getting groceries in the rain, the 200sx was absolutely terrifying by comparison. Keep in mind my cams are good for. 8000rpm, so I’m leaving quite a bit on the table here even with pump gas (it needs a better exhaust too, you can see on the curve how the torque starts dropping off).
Mistakes were made by me driving. It’s the first time I’ve spun it. It’s normally quite docile as compared to a 911 or F-body or vette which are all similar power levels when modified.
I need to be a more responsible driver, and as Amram said “it needs more tire.” I couldn’t agree more.
I’d like another 150hp that I think I’ll get with ethanol. If it kills me you can tell me you told me so.

Back