I spun my car today.

As requested. EFR 8474.
1.5JZ forged internals.
Here she is in her natural habitat

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 19
Does that mean a 1jz head on the factory 2jz block? I'm not up to date on my Toyota lingo

Big ol tittyturbo

Is it laggy? How much boost?

Internally gated turbos are for homosexuals are you a homosexual?

Big ol tittyturbo

Is it laggy? How much boost?

Internally gated turbos are for homosexuals are you a homosexual?
It’s super responsive. Turbo’s have come a long ways. It’s fine lugging up a big hill at 2000rpm. It’s pulling hard at 3500rpm, It gets exciting around 4000rpm. 16psi for a very streetable tune. On E85 it should out out 35psi or so at 7000+rpm, but I haven’t set up flex fuel at this time. It is an externally gated turbo, the internal wastegate is an option on the EFR. I’ll get the dyno sheet if you’d like to see it.

Who tuned it? What kind of ECU setup?

I approve. Needs more tire. And more brakes maybe.

Who tuned it? What kind of ECU setup?

I approve. Needs more tire. And more brakes maybe.
A decent tuner in BC tuned it, it absolutely needs more tire. AEM infinity. It has the LS400 BBK, which is decent, but they don’t make track pads for it…. I would like to do the Jeep grand Cherokee brembo upgrade one of these days but prices have skyrocketed in the past two years. It used to be a $2000 kit, now it’s around $2000 a caliper.

Side by side with the old turbo, she made 400hp with the old turbo SX200

Attachments

• 20220311_092700.jpeg
    20220311_092700.jpeg
    538.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220311_092603.jpeg
    20220311_092603.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 10
Nice. I've been out of the game a long time. BACK IN MY DAY I tuned my shit with a standalone Haltech E6K. That was right around the time AEM came out with their offerings. Old school.

Nice. I've been out of the game a long time. BACK IN MY DAY I tuned my shit with a standalone Haltech E6K. That was right around the time AEM came out with their offerings. Old school.
Yeah the AEM is getting to the point where the tuner doesn’t see them anymore, but it’s still fully featured and works fine. If I wanted secondary injectors I’d have to upgrade. It will do flex fuel without upgrades.
Haltech makes a PDM now, does the job of the ECU and combined it with a series of electronic circuit breakers that can all be configured with a laptop. It essentially removes all fuse and breaker blocks from the vehicle in favour of total electronic control of both low and high current items. This is the future, and it hasn’t even caught on with the OEM.

Yeah I saw those systems they're ballin. Makes so much sense.

I gotta buy another car I hate not having anything fun in the garage.

RIP amRam's youthfulness
The 260 makes my pants feel funny…. I like the vette too though.
Have a look at the 2J and the SC ->they’re inexpensive to purchase and the engine is bulletproof. The NA engine has a forged crank, you need to put in rods and pistons, but other than that it’s just as capable as the turbo motor. It’s cheaper to build a nice one than a V8 and makes just as much power. A nice E36 would be cool too, they’re also cheap and make great projects.

I won't do old cars again. Maybe an f80 m3, those are a decent value proposition now. Plus sedan.

That Z had a forged 363 stroker :sunny:

I won't do old cars again. Maybe an f80 m3, those are a decent value proposition now. Plus sedan.

That Z had a forged 363 stroker :sunny:
New cars make terrible projects…
I’m not made of money so by the time I’m able to modify a new car, it’s 10 years old (like my Nissan truck). I get the whole plug and play fun part, it’s just not my jam. The Z is killer, I’d have never gotten rid of it.

Back