I spun my car today.

Yeah I have a bunch of young kids there was never time to drive it. And I knew I wouldn't take my kids for a ride in it either it smelled bad and it's a deathtrap.

I'd use an M3 sedan all the time. I also don't really have the mod bug. At most I'd get a tune for it. Probably wouldn't even touch the exhaust tbh.

that is exactly wat a poser w/ bad taste would say

of coarse we knew the poser/bad taste thing thanx 2 the pic in ur op :cool:
I have fucking great taste. Everyone loves my car, everyone wants a ride in it, or wants to drive it. I get stopped by randoms for 5-10mins every time I get gas. Everyone in this thread loves my car except for you and Brasstax, which is fine with me. It’s Toyota’s 1990’s interpretation of a supercar, and it’s still relevant today if you simply add a big turbo charger and some more fuel.

No one loves Jaguars except for jaguar people (the tranny’s of the automobile industry). The only interesting automotive products Britain ever released were made by Lotus, McLaren, and the odd car by Aston Martin. And they’re quirky, oh so quirky. Like who the fuck builds inboard brakes, or positive ground electrical systems? Why is the parking brake handle on the side of the vehicle instead of the center tunnel?

2007_10_08_yaris_liftback01.jpg

That seems absolutely terrible for the street. How often are you hitting 4-5k in a city? I've never understood the appeal of massive turbos for a street car.
It’s not a massive turbo… It feels quite civilized for the most part. When you’re idling at highway speeds with low boost at 2k rpm, it gets 22mpg. If you drop a gear or two to pass someone, you’re doing 110mph by the time you change lanes in front of them. You just don’t notice the kick in the pants, it builds organically, and then by 4000 rpm it’s quite exciting, below 3000, it’s a Camry.
If I switch to the VVTI head, everything starts 500rpm earlier. If I rebuild it with a stroker at 3.4L, it will start another 500rpm earlier.
These cars have much larger turbos for street use, sometimes hitting over 1000hp on ethanol and a mostly stock block. My car I estimate should be somewhere in the ballpark of 750hp with ethanol.

I have fucking great taste. Everyone loves my car, everyone wants a ride in it, or wants to drive it. I get stopped by randoms for 5-10mins every time I get gas. Everyone in this thread loves my car except for you and Brasstax, which is fine with me. It’s Toyota’s 1990’s interpretation of a supercar, and it’s still relevant today if you simply add a big turbo charger and some more fuel.

No one loves Jaguars except for jaguar people (the tranny’s of the automobile industry). The only interesting automotive products Britain ever released were made by Lotus, McLaren, and the odd car by Aston Martin. And they’re quirky, oh so quirky. Like who the fuck builds inboard brakes, or positive ground electrical systems? Why is the parking brake handle on the side of the vehicle instead of the center tunnel?

i'm sry u wrecked ur tercel driving like a wannabe altima owner, but posting wrong things about jag on the internet won't rly erase ur firmly established track record (aka ur op itt) which shows u have bad taste

It’s not a massive turbo… It feels quite civilized for the most part. When you’re idling at highway speeds with low boost at 2k rpm, it gets 22mpg. If you drop a gear or two to pass someone, you’re doing 110mph by the time you change lanes in front of them. You just don’t notice the kick in the pants, it builds organically, and then by 4000 rpm it’s quite exciting, below 3000, it’s a Camry.
If I switch to the VVTI head, everything starts 500rpm earlier. If I rebuild it with a stroker at 3.4L, it will start another 500rpm earlier.
These cars have much larger turbos for street use, sometimes hitting over 1000hp on ethanol and a mostly stock block. My car I estimate should be somewhere in the ballpark of 750hp with ethanol.
Builds organically? I don't know what that means, but that curve is insane. Basically it's a boring sedan until 4k and then it's ridiculous for the street. It's weird to hear you say that it's civilized when you just wrecked it because you lost control when you got on it.

I know turbos obviously get larger, but that's clearly too large for daily driving. That's just a personal opinion though. I'd rather have more power all over.

Back