Solution
jorts board shorts w/ tank top

fan boats

go shooting

wrastle gators

manatee swim

pan handle meth tour

im doing the full florida
nothing more fun than watching a family of 4 make a bee line to the rip current because "there's less waves" and watching the life guards scramble to intercept them
Whenever I'm at the beach, I'm doing the exact opposite. I'm like a little kid. Loving jumping over and diving into the waves. Who doesn't?

Fly into Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando 6-8 times a year and never had that experience. Bad luck. :(

As for food....coming from Chicago, Florida has some of the worst food in the union imo.

honestly I was trying to find regional cuisine and I all I could really find is like stone crab and conch fritters and key lime pie.

I'll try it tomorrow but I think you're right

I can't really think of any cuisine I'd consider Floridian except maybe mojitos and cuban sandwiches, neither of which are really from there.

Weirdly the best mojito I ever had in my life was made in a ziplock bag. Bartender just shoved a bunch of mint and ice into the bag and shook the shit out of it. In fairness it was in San Juan just across from the Bacardi distillery, but still...

I'm going all around but will probably spend most of the time in central Florida
Don't forget to "Take it to the Mathews bridge"
Spoiler

Visit St. Augustine nearby and the fort there, rent a scooter.
Oldest city in North America.

I'm excited to try the Florida tap water like my boi @slush
Sulfur water ftw. If you don't visit an artesian well you're doing it wrong.

honestly I was trying to find regional cuisine and I all I could really find is like stone crab and conch fritters and key lime pie.

I'll try it tomorrow but I think you're right
Try some gator faggot.

Yeah I should be nice...if you can find a good Cuban place OR a place with gator bites they can be excellent. Western side of the panhandle has some cajun influence and good family owned eats. Did eat at a fancy place in Tampa by one of the larger inlets/harbor areas.....wish I could remember the name. Was nice enough that some MLB players from the Phillies were there during spring training. Great surf and turf.

Last couple times I tried finding gator it was out of season. :(

Cael is a high class eater... he's slumming for us, but it's just to mock us.
Comon' cael, make us drool with some privileged restaurant meal pics too.

Back