rofl

ok you weren't in their face but you came off as really harsh. I agree people should exercise and not overeat, but bitching about it isn't going to change the fact that they're that way. idk guess you're lucky to have been active :sunny:
Luck doesn't have anything to do with being active. It's a choice.

you never know if they have an underlying medical condition or slow metabolism or something. one of my relatives gained a lot of weight after losing a gallbladder in an accident. it's easy to condemn them, but honestly I bet fat people already have problems with health, mobility, esteem, without strangers in their face about something that really isn't their business.

Sure, maybe a small percentage of them have underlying problems that cause them to be fat. Currently about 31% of Americans are obese and 65% are overweight. I'd bet that the vast majority of them have no underlying medical conditions to cause their fatness, but rather, medical conditions arose because they were so fat.

Average Joe finishes high school healthy but starts eating McShit and ice cream every day. A few years later, his fatness causes him to fuck up his back from bending over. His knees are the next to go, greatly restricting his mobility. Joe only becomes fatter and fatter. Soon his gall bladder fucks up for whatever reason. You see where I'm going.

sounds like an oxymoron, but you CAN be healthy and obese. there's no clear indication that being fat is necessarily bad, as long as you're healthy. my mammalian physiology teacher told us there's widespread discrimination against the fat, even by doctors, to the point where sometimes they don't even bother to figure out what's causing the obesity because they assume weight is the cause of everything. he made it sound like it was a chicken and the egg issue, is the weight causing problems, or are the problem causing weight?

anyway here's a pubmed (that's scientific for you) article from june 2009 to back up what I'm saying:
There was no evidence for weight loss conferring either benefit or risk among healthy obese. In conclusion, the available evidence does not support solely advising overweight or obese individuals who are otherwise healthy to lose weight as a means of prolonging life.

what about advising overweight or obese individuals who are otherwise healthy to lose weight as a means of not being fucking disgusting

Sounds like it's using bmi, so muscle is treated the same as fat

he is. And yes that does take into account that people who have loads of muscle are considered overweight. But lets be honest here, how big is that % in that stat? Its got to be small. Like 5-10% of it. And that is generous. Its still 50%+ overweight due to them being plain boring ordinary lazy fatasses.

Back