Hobby Lobby Wins Contraceptive Ruling in Supreme Court

you're all fucking stupid

what does it matter anyway, this ruling is dumb

we will all have to pay for the perpetually open-legged women anyway when the government decides to give out free contraception after this ruling through the form of taxes, so what does it fucking matter?

fucking idiots

It's cheaper to pay for contraceptives than for a pregnancy, delivery, and raising of the child.

I've never understood why men get all ornery about contraception.

It lets you have sex without making babby.

That's a bad thing?

I changed my mind im w havax now

I don't believe in random or casual sex so I now support this decision

I know havax supports this cause he feels and conducts himself the same way

It's cheaper to pay for contraceptives than for a pregnancy, delivery, and raising of the child.

I've never understood why men get all ornery about contraception.

It lets you have sex without making babby.

That's a bad thing?

no, it's not a bad thing

i'm all for it

the less negro babies the better i always say

but unfortunately, some religions are against contraception, and they shouldn't be forced to pay for it for someone else if there is truly going to be religious freedom in this country :shrug:

I changed my mind im w havax now

I don't believe in random or casual sex so I now support this decision

I know havax supports this cause he feels an conducts himself the same way

hey, you wanna have unprotected sex tonight?

i think pregnant women are hot. :brows:

lol this is retarded

you realize many laws run contrary to religious beliefs already

look at islam and their jihad and raiding rules, evangelical christians and stoning and abortion, and every other weird religion in between from mormons to jehovas witnesses

someone explain to me why the religious also tend to be the most conservative
My original post was simplistic, but I stand behind it.

With the ‪#‎HobbyLobby‬ decision, the Supreme Court took an outrageous step against the rights of America’s women, setting a dangerous precedent that could permit for-profit corporations to pick and choose which laws to obey. This deeply misguided and destructive decision is a serious blow to Americans’ ability to make their own health decisions

Allowing employers and CEOs to limit the health care available to employees is a gross violation of their workers’ religious rights. It’s just not her boss’s business. No employer should have the right to limit the health choices of its employees, male or female.
No one's choices are being limited. If anything it's expanding the choice of the employer (i.e., the one paying the lion's share of the insurance premium) to be able to opt out contraceptive drugs from the formulary.

There's religions that forbid vaccines and blood transfusions. Its against their belief. Does that mean were they in charge no one should have access to them as it's contrary to their beliefs

cmon ppl fuckin think
I believe that was one of the topics covered in Ginsberg's dissenting opinion.

Here's the thing, this wasn't an issue until the ACA came along. Up to then, employers could tailor their health care options (if they chose to cover their employees) however they pleased. What was at issue in this case was that after the government required businesses to provide health care coverage, they also required them to provide contraceptive drugs as part of their plan including the "morning-after" pill. That's what got the right's panties in a twist.

Would the exemption the Court holds RFRA demands for employers with religiously grounded objections to the use of certain contraceptives extend to employers with religiously grounded objections to blood transfusions (Jehovah’s Witnesses); antidepressants (Scientologists); medications derived from pigs, including anesthesia, intravenous fluids, and pills coated with gelatin (certain Muslims, Jews, and Hindus); and vaccinations (Christian Scientists, among others)?

"Religious organizations exist to foster the interests of persons subscribing to the same religious faith. Not so of for-profit corporations. Workers who sustain the operations of those corporations commonly are not drawn from one religious community."

"It bears note in this regard that the cost of an IUD is nearly equivalent to a month's full-time pay for workers earning the minimum wage."

"Approving some religious claims while deeming others unworthy of accommodation could be 'perceived as favoring one religion over another,' the very 'risk the [Constitution's] Establishment Clause was designed to preclude."

Hobby Lobby Contraceptive Ruling: Key Excerpts from Ginsburg’s Dissent - Law Blog - WSJ

Last edited:
But essentially you realize you have to take a month's worth of pills, even if you only have sex once? It's hormones, they're not fucking condoms.

keep 'em closed

don't be mad

nah, fuck that

women, spread your legs and take it erryday

respect will come your way

that's a good girl

lol people were out there with signs

pathetic

Supreme-Court-Hobby-Lobby-rally-600x320.jpg

Back