Joining Navy Late in Life

never failed me b4

thanks 2 teedubs, i travelled the world, married my waifu, and am now seeking military enlistment advice for the next step after meth cooking camping van fire we have to rebuild.

you should prolly not be on TW looking for life changing advice in military careers lmao

Why? There are more than a few vets. Who would you rather ask about the military...recruiters, who lie for a living or people that served as an average soldier/sailor/marine that have nothing to gain by pumping sunshine and rainbows up your ass about what its like to serve in various branches

Why? There are more than a few vets. Who would you rather ask about the military...recruiters, who lie for a living or people that served as an average soldier/sailor/marine that have nothing to gain by pumping sunshine and rainbows up your ass about what its like to serve in various branches

probably a vet who isnt obsessed with a 20 year old dead video game.

Is Airforce more family friendly?

Looks like more time located on the ground.

The Air Force (as an enlisted) is the most coveted branch of the service to join for many reasons.

Most of the jobs tie directly to civilian ones.

We send our officers off to fight and die for our country.

The jokes about our cushy lifestyle are mostly true. The jokes are made out of envy.

I never had a bad meal in the Air Force. The dining facilities are first rate. Only the Navy comes close to our chow halls.

The only times you'd be separated from your family are during boot camp, and schools you attend, a 1 year overseas tour (typically Korea which is far from a hardship) or any deployments to the middle east, which are rare, depending on your job. In the 20 years I was in the AF, I was only separated from my family for about 2 years total after basic. This is compared to the Navy, which you'd expect to spend most of your time at sea.

That's why the AF has traditionally year long waiting lists to join.

Back