[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread v2

I just got back from a pretty large biker weekend. Mostly your typical geezer crowd (myself included) riding an assortment of Harley’s and Indian motorcycles at a campground. Couple thousand folks enjoying freedom. A very small contingent of 1%ers, most folks were peace loving Americans.
Lots of “fuck Joe Biden” banners and Trump 2024 flags at all the campsites. Warmed the cockles of my heart.
I wish I trusted myself on a bike still; I need water to fall onto. My wife would love it again....but ~8 years ago I remember saying,, better not.

If that happened we'd be denied a odd-couple Netflix series of them riding around on a golf course together and speaking gibberish.

From my reading, this ruling doesn't give the president any extra authority - he can't make new law, he can't ban a candidate, etc. He's just covered from criminal liability for doing stuff he has authority to do. He can't be accountable for giving an order to kill someone in his capacity as CiC, but if he simply orders the DOJ to arrest them, the court system would have that unconstitutional act overturned in no time, because he had no authority to make that call.

So from what I can tell, this gives the president the go ahead to skip lawfare and jump straight to murder. That's their best option. You can't overturn a bullet on appeal, and the person who gave the order isn't liable for that order. Biden could (in theory) have the election and scotus, and for that matter, congressional balance, solved overnight if he so wished. That's a scary amount of power to give someone.

He could, in theory, order the deaths of every republican in the country.

I don't want my president to have that power. You guys are cool with that?

Back